Dents Dings and Hail uses the following criteria to screen PDR service professional businesses.
We make sure that our PDR service professional businesses carry any applicable trade licensing for the services they provide.
Legal Search for Civil Judgements
We use third-party data sources to check each business for bankruptcy filings, liens, and significant state-level civil legal judgments, in the state in which the company is located, occurring within 12 months prior to the PDR service professional’s application for membership in the Dents Dings Hail Network.
State Business Filings
For PDR service professionals that are corporations or limited liability companies, we confirm that the business is registered in the state in which it is located.
Identity Verification (Social Security Number)
Dents Dings Hail verifies the social security number of the business owner/principal to confirm their identity. (This applies primarily to small businesses.)
Criminal Records Search
We use third party data sources to conduct a criminal search, in the state in which the owner/principal of the company is located, for any relevant criminal convictions associated with the owner/principal of the business, within the three years prior to such service professional’s application for membership in the Dents Dings Hail Network. Dents Dings Hail’s third-party vendor uses a national criminal database (“NCD”) to screen our service professionals. The comprehensiveness of the NCD varies by state. Please be aware that the reporting in the NCD is particularly limited in the following states: AL, CO, DE, GA, ID, KS, KY, LA, ME, MA, MI, MS, MT, NE, NV, NH, NM, SD, UT, VA, VT, and WY.
Some PDR Service Professionals are employees, franchisees, dealers, or independent contractors (“Corporate SP’s”) of larger national or corporate accounts (“Corporate Accounts”). In such event, you may be matched with the Corporate Account entity or with one of their Corporate SP’s. The above screening criteria is not applicable to Corporate Accounts, and therefore, Dents Dings Hail does not screen the Corporate Accounts or Corporate SP’s.
Tips for Customers
While Dents Dings Hail works hard to ensure that you are connected to trusted service professionals, it’s ultimately up to you to choose the right pro for your project. Dents Dings Hail strongly recommends that you perform the following tasks when hiring any service professional to work on your vehicle:
- Ask to see a copy of the professional’s license to verify that it is current and in compliance with not only the state-level requirements, but also any local level requirements (township, city, county, etc.).
- Ask whether the professional is insured and bonded.
- Ask for additional customer references. You can also check ratings and reviews on Dents Dings Hail to see what other customers have had to say about a pro’s work.
- Be wary of bids that are substantially higher or lower than the competition.
- Put it in writing. Get a contract stating exactly what is included in the scope of work for your project.
- Never pay for an entire project upfront.
- Keep records of everything — including proof of licensing, bonding and insurance, contracts, invoices, proof of payment, progress photos, and all project-related correspondence.
Dents Dings Hail’s third-party vendor uses a national criminal database (“NCD”) to screen our service professionals. The comprehensiveness of the NCD varies by state. Please be aware that the reporting in the NCD is particularly limited in the following states: AL, CO, DE, GA, ID, KS, KY, LA, ME, MA, MI, MS, MT, NE, NV, NH, NM, SD, UT, VA, VT, and WY.